MEDIEVAL WALL DECOR : MEDIEVAL WALL
MEDIEVAL WALL DECOR : PURPLE ROOM DECORATIONS
Medieval Wall Decor
- Of or relating to the Middle Ages
- Medieval is the first album of the heavy metal group Tierra Santa, from La Rioja (Spain). The album has 8 songs and was put on sale in 1997. The album was inspired by medieval histories.
- Very old-fashioned or primitive
- relating to or belonging to the Middle Ages; "Medieval scholars"; "Medieval times"
- chivalric: characteristic of the time of chivalry and knighthood in the Middle Ages; "chivalric rites"; "the knightly years"
- The decoration and scenery of a stage
- Interior design is a multi-faceted profession in which creative and technical solutions are applied within a structure to achieve a built interior environment.
- The style of decoration of a room, building
- The furnishing and decoration of a room
- A continuous vertical brick or stone structure that encloses or divides an area of land
- A side of a building or room, typically forming part of the building's structure
- an architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure; "the south wall had a small window"; "the walls were covered with pictures"
- Any high vertical surface or facade, esp. one that is imposing in scale
- anything that suggests a wall in structure or function or effect; "a wall of water"; "a wall of smoke"; "a wall of prejudice"; "negotiations ran into a brick wall"
Red Marble Decor, Seville Cathedral
Seville Cathedral is the largest medieval church in the World, it's bulk is staggering with chapels and other structures extending the already massive church in all sorts of directions, though this does render the exterior somewhat hard to appreciate, much of it being tightly crammed in amongst the surrounding city streets. The impression is one of great width and block-like forms emerging above the rooftops, rather than the emphasis on soaring height found in French cathedrals.
Unusually the main body of the cathedral has no central or western towers (unless one counts the low stump over the crossing), instead being content to use the pre-existing Giralda tower adjoining the north east corner; this was once the minaret of the mosque that stood on this site during the Moorish period. It's upper storeys form the belfry and are a Renaissance addition, but the body of the tower with it's surface decoration is a stunning testament to the skill of the Islamic builders.
Most of the cathedral itself dates to the late 15th and early 16th centuries, and it's massive scale was clearly meant to surpass the former mosque on the site following the Spanish reconquest. However elements of the mosque building were incorporated into the present building, the already mentioned Giralda tower and the courtyard of 'los naranjos' (oranges) on the north side, serving as a kind of cloister, where elegant Moorish arches can still be seen (a motif subtly also used by the builders of the cathedral itself in some of the clerestorey windows).
The interior is vast and seems to extend in every direction with further aisles and chapels, and the scale makes it rather hard to take in. There are rich altarpieces, furnishings and stained glass windows everywhere, most in post-medieval styles (the glass is largely Renaissance whilst most of the altars are Baroque). The main exception to this rule is the awe-inspiring reredos behind the high altar, the retablos major, a wall of gilded sculpture rising almost the full height of the cathedral and adorned with scenes from the life of Christ, culminating in a dramatic coving and Crucifixion group at the apex. It is largely the work of one Flemish sculptor and dates from the early 16th century.
There are also many monuments to bishops and others, mostly in the side chapels, but the most famous is that erected in the 19th century to house the body of Christopher Columbus. His sarcophagus is held aloft by four dramatic vaguely art-nouveau figures in the south transept.
Many chambers and chapels in Renaissance and Baroque styles are attached to the south east corner of the cathedral, and with their lavish domes and interior make a visit to this huge church an even more bewildering yet fascinating experience.
MEDIEVAL GUINEVERE VEILED MAIDEN BUST 14" www.neo-mfg.com
Medieval Guinevere Veiled Maiden Sculptural Bust Statue
Guinevere was the legendary queen consort of King Arthur, Guinevere is most famous for her love affair with Arthur's chief knight Lancelot.
SIZE 9" x 6" x 14" Tall - HAND MADE IN THE USA
SHOWN in WHITE MARBLE with Black Base- Other finishes available to match your style or existing Decor.
Sculpture Garden Statue, Sculpture Greek Statue, Sculpture Bronze Statue, Sculpture Angel Statue, Sculpture Religious Statue, Sculpture Horse Statue, Sculpture Eagle Statue, Sculpture Egyptian Statue, Sculpture Catholic Statue, Sculpture Lion Statue, Sculpture Nude Statue, Sculpture Athena Statue, Sculpture Roman Statue, Sculpture Statue of Liberty, Statue Wall Sculpture, Statue Clay Sculpture, Statue Sand Sculpture, Statue Stone Sculpture, Statue Art Sculpture, Statue Modern Sculpture, Statue Body Sculpture.
Neo-Mfg.com art is hand made and finished Home Decor and Garden Decor of Statues, Sculptures, Busts, Pedestals and Wall Art. Each Neo-Mfg.com piece is hand made and finished in America, proudly made in the USA. Our art is finished just for you to match your taste and existing decor, from Heavy Warm Bronze finish to Elegant rich Marble finish. We offer many styles of Greek Statue & Roman Statue, Classical Sculpture & Historical Sculpture to Animals Statue and Religious Statue pieces. We are sure we have something for you.
wall sticker decor
decorating office spaces
summer cottage decor
elephant nursery decor
grape and wine decorations
princess room decor
butterfly wall decorations
southwestern bathroom decor